Answer: Agriculture includes growing crops ,fruits, vegetables, flowers ,and rearing of livestock. It is a primary activity.
Answer: The factors influencing agriculture are :
Answer:In shifting cultivation, the plot of land is first cleared by burning the trees. The ashes are then mixed with the soil and crops like maize, yam, potatoes and cassava are grown. After the soil loses its fertility, the land is abandoned and the cultivator moves to a new plot.
Shifting cultivation is also known as 'slash and burn' agriculture.
Answer: Plantation agriculture is a type of commercial farming with single crop of tea, coffee, sugarcane, cashew, rubber, banana or cotton are grown.
Answer:Jute and cotton are the fibre crops.
Jute: jute is also known as the golden fibre. It grows on alluvial soil and requires high temperature, heavy rainfall and humid climate.This crop is grown in the tropical areas.
Cotton: cotton requires high temperature, light rainfall, 210 frost-free days and bright sunshine for its growth it grows best on black and alluvial soil.
(a) growing of fruits and vegetables
(b) primitive farming
(c) growing of wheat
(c) RussiaAnswers :-
(i) (a) growing of fruits and vegetables
(ii) (c) jute
(iii) (a) Brazil
Answers :Primary activities are those activities which includes extraction and production of natural resources.
Agriculture is a primary activity because it includes growing crops, fruits, vegetables, flowers and rearing of livestock.
Answers :Different crops are grown in different regions because cultivation of crops depends upon the geographical conditions, climatic condition, topography of soil, demand of production, labor and level of technology.
Primary activities : Those activities which include the extraction and production of natural resources are called primary activities. Examples are agriculture, fishing.
Tertiary activities : Those activities which include the manufacturing of primary and secondary products are called tertiary activities. Examples are transport services, banking services
Subsistence farming : This type of farming is practiced to meet the needs of the farmers family. Low level off technology and household labor are used to produce a small output.
Intensive farming : The farmer cultivates a small plot of land using simple tools and more labor.
Major crops include rice, wheat, maize, pulses etc.
Oilseeds and pulses are grown in loamy soil.
1. Crop that needs well drained fertile soils, moderate temperatures and lots of sunshine (5)
2. Increasing production through use of HYV seeds, chemical fertilisers and pesticides (5,10)
4. USA, Canada, Russia, Australia are major producers of this crop (5)
10. Type of farming to meet family needs (11)
13. Rearing of animals for sale (9)
14. Growing grapes for wines (11
1. Coarse grains are also called (7)
3. Cultivation involving slash and burn (8)
5. Growing of crops, fruits and vegetables (11)
6. Tea, coffee, sugarcane and rubber are grown in (11)
7. Requires 210 frost-free days for growth (6)
8. Growing of flowers (12)
9. Also called ‘Golden Fibre’ (4)
11. Also known as paddy (4)
12. Activity concerned with extraction of natural resources (7)Answers :